5 Things [September]

By Chloe - 18:00

Hello everyone! 

Long time no blog, but I'm back (finally) with a new (maybe) monthly series I want to do and it's something I've seen circulating before as "5 THINGS" or '5 GOOD THINGS'. I basically want to summarise 5 (hopefully good) things in a non lengthy post that have been going on in life or my thoughts, which I'm hoping will make my blog a more personal space and be a welcome change from my usual content. 

So without further ado;

1) BLOG 

Over the summer I felt unmotivated and discouraged about posting here because I wasn't sure what way I wanted to steer my posts whether I wanted to stick to just beauty type bits. Well, as it's the start of the new university term and officially the start of second year (yikes, where has the time gone?) I want to sort of "rebrand" my blog into posting whatever I want, when I want. I want to try to keep some sort of schedule to if - perhaps once a week - but not feel ~ pressured ~ if I don't manage that. I also want to experiment with different image uses for my posts whether that be backgrounds, the amount of images or just the general style and layout.

Although I do a writing based degree, I still want uploading on my blog to be fun so I'm going to hopefully try and diversify my content - whether that be chats about a new show I'm watching, a book I've read, or a beauty haul, or maybe even some fashion type bits if I'm feeling confident enough to get a bit posy in front of the camera.


2) SMALL  VICTORIES
 
As someone who gets anxious fairly easily it can often be hard to put myself out there but so far (after being back in Southampton for only a week) I've managed to do something quite scary (for me anyways!).  I tackled freshers fayre - usually busy spaces are a bit claustrophobic and overwhelming for me - and signed up for a society! 

I've also put my name down to attend my first blogger event with the lovely Southampton Bloggers in an attempt to be more social and meet lots of lovely new faces and of course experience things that I can write about for my blog!


3) THE IMPORTANCE OF ME TIME
 
This summer I've really taken advantage of having no commitments and realised how important "me time" is. My fave ways to relax and take some time for myself have been a nice hot bath (complete with a lush bath bomb) or reading a book. Over the summer I took the time to re-read some of my all time fave books too - including the Harry Potter series. 

I've also been enjoying a fair few tv shows-  Sex and the City (Sarah Jessica Parker and her enviable shoe collection, what's not to love?), Stranger Things (if you haven't seen it, where have you been? Seriously..?) and The Great British Bake Off are among my top recommendations of the mo.






4) ORGANISATION
 
I've always been the kind of person to use post it notes to note down important dates or assignments but I'm determined to step it up this year and keep on top of work whilst still maintaining a healthy work / life balance. My first attempt at this is using a weekly planner - I actually found this one on Pinterest (on a blog) and printed it off and I keep it tacked up on my notice board. I like that the spaces by each of the days is pretty large so I can write directly on the page or use post it notes to overlay important info or events on that day! 

Relating to this I've also got my eye on the most beaut instagrammable daily planner from the Oh Deer x Urban Outfitters range. I spied this on Char's snapchat and saw that it included handy sections for a timetable, note space for assignments and a custom box for the date (meaning no pages get wasted as you can use it when you need to!) and I feel like it is a new essential purchase of mine (and one I intend to pick up on student night where I can take advantage of the student discount)


5) FRIENDSHIP
 
I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful group of friends back in Wales (and also know a wonderful bunch of people here in Southampton) but I'd like to take a moment to show some love and appreciation for "internet" pals! I'm so thankful that social media has introduced me to a bunch of lovely folks who I would never have the pleasure of knowing otherwise! In particular I am super thankful for 'The Bonking Coffee Club' on Twitter which consists of a lovely bunch of beautiful humans (Abbi, Rosie, Cat , Amy, Hayley, Hayley, Ash, Becky, Elle, Char, Ellicia, Selene and Rowena) who are a constant support system and never fail to make me smile! I couldn't ask for a nicer group of ladies to chat to. We are also in the process of setting up Adventurine, which is a Zine due out later this year - you can keep up to date on the twitter and instagram for details.





So that's it! I hope you enjoyed this little "5 things" segment - I know it's different from my usual content style but I want to diversify things here on Orchid-kisses to keep things a bit more interesting for both you -  reading it - and me - writing it!

As always you can follow me on bloglovin here  to keep up to date with all my posts and there's also a google follow button in my blog side bar! I made a facebook page which you can find here if you want to give it a like, that would be fab!

Hope you've all had a wonderful monday!

Kisses,
Chlo 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments