Walk Walk Fashion Baby - Working at London Fashion Week

By Chloe - 18:00






If you're not following me on my social platforms - specifically Instagram and Twitter - then you probably aren't aware that on day two of LFW (Saturday 18th I attended four shows to write about for Online Magazine TheUpcoming. (It's all I've really been talking about oops, sorry!) For me this felt like a REALLY BIG DEAL, because I emailed the editor and had to send across some work and then do a 'test post' about a NYFW show - in my case the Tory Burch Fall 2017 show, and then I got given the go ahead, how exciting! You can read all my posts right here!

In case you have no idea, London Fashion Week takes place twice annually - February and September, following the likes of other major cities - New York, Milan and Paris. It's organised by the British Fashion Council who are also responsible for the London's Collection Men's (next taking place 9th - 12th June) which is essentially men's fashion week.

I departed Southampton (where I'm based for University, if you didn't know!) very early and made my way to the Strand venue for my 10am start. After some obligatory snaps of the 'London Fashion Week' sign, myself and Ellie (who also got picked to write) collected our show invites (how surreal!) and headed to our first venue which was Freemason's Hall.


3 out of 4 of my shows were located in Freemason's Hall which hosts a number of rooms and spaces to showcase the looks in all their glory. Fashion Scout, the sponsors / organisers, so a great job at helping you locate the space and keeping everything in working order. I attended the Mimi Tran, SABINNA and Malan Breton shows in this space, which you can find more detail on here or drool over the pictures of the garments (like I've totally done).
Second Row for Mimi Tran
One of the press invites I was given to get access into the show!

Then my last show was located in Devonshire Square, a short taxi or tube ride away, in Western Courtyard - an outside space complete with trees (and the sun was even setting make it look even more fabulous!). Oxford Fashion Studio debuted new designers who all had something different to offer - including vibrant prints, traditional Welsh fabrics and jute bags.


There was a nice variant between all the shows that I got to see - Mimi Tran showed really nice "going out" style dresses in black with gold, orange, blue, green or red detailing like embroidered flowers, and also featured Grecian style white dress with floral stitching and beading (so pretty!). SABINNA's collection was more fun with motifs of school uniform, first love, heart prints and crochet - I could definitely envisage myself wearing some of the pieces and felt it was the most "my style" out of all.

As part of my role as a writer I was basically responsible for attending the shows, making notes and then sending a sentiment after the show had finished, followed by a write-up of key pieces, themes / elements showcased in the designer's collection which had to be sent in the hour following the show's finish - how daunting. As you'd expect it was a very fast paced weekend - not only with the travelling, queueing - but also with the writing.

Myself and Ellie found a base camp in a Pret located a 2 minute walk away, which was a saviour for the free wi-fi, food and drink options and convenient location. The busy coffee shop was also a great hub to work from and gave you a chance to view other Fashion Week goers (and the eclectic outfits people were wearing!) and gave some respite from the business and hectic nature of the whole thing.

Writing in between shows at Pret, featuring the beautiful invite and press releases from the SABINNA show.


I had a really good time and think it was a worthwhile (and surreal) experience and I hope it's not the last time I attend London Fashion Week. I wish I could've featured more content relating to LFW on my blog but for now this will have to suffice!

If, like me, you're interested in Fashion Week - London Fashion Week Festival is usually ongoing the first few days after Fashion Week Press shows end. Its essentially where members of the public can purchase tickets to view collections, attend talks with industry experts and shop. More details of this can be found on the London Fashion Week Website here.

I know this is a little delayed going up so apologies, university life has been kicking my butt - however I managed to do some LFW writing for Sonar Magazine here.  I've also given my blog a bit of a spruce up with a new template as my last one was a little lagging in the times.

As always you can follow me on bloglovin here  to keep up to date with all my posts and there's also a google follow button in my blog side bar! I made a facebook page which you can find here if you want to give it a like, that would be fab!

Kisses,
Chlo
 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments