My 2019 so far

By Chloe - 16:39

So I did not think I would be writing on this blog considering I sort of abandoned it in the midst of university to prioritise my dissertation, and then a job hunt took over. I'd love to get back into my blog as it was my outlet and my first real means of learning my voice.

Throwing it back to the beginning of this year, I was living in Southampton with my - then - boyfriend, and whilst my job wasn't making me happy, I was happy. I worked at Nuffield Southampton Theatres as a marketing assistant for a year, which was in a word - stressful - and whilst I made some lovely friends, it definitely wasn't 'it' for me.

In March, I turned 22 and celebrated my ~ Taylor Swift ~ age in Winchester with a sprinkle doughnut, and then a yummy curry back in the flat and a Colin the caterpillar cake of course! I thought by the time I turned 22 I would be a fully fledged 'adult' but alas that's not how it worked. This is also the month I began job hunting too - I was juggling my current job, a relationship, a flat, trips to Wales to see my family and telephone interviews and hundreds of applications.


By April, I was ready for some relaxation time and headed home to Wales for Easter - it involved catching up with a few of my best friends, and of course some much needed family time. I enjoyed a lovely trip to Roath Park, near Cardiff where there were lots of ducks and I got to hang out with my parents - which was something I never realised how much I had missed!



That brings us to May of this year, when my resignation was handed in, and the move to London commenced.

You may or may not know, depending if you follow me on social media - but I work for the Women's Institute, more specifically their magazine WI Life and it's official, your gal is a JOURNALIST! So that means my shiny first-class fashion journalism degree is getting put to good use (kind of) though I don't really think my giant rising amount of student debt is really worth the hassle, I am THRILLED that I get to be an official journalist with a byline and everything!

I don't work specifically on fashion content but my job involves women's interests and a lot of things I am interested in like empowering women, craft and food - obviously!

In June, I attended the 'Time is Now' lobby in Westminster, where Women's Institute members alongside general public, and members of other organisations like the National Trust, lobbied their MPs and raised awareness about the effects of climate change.  It was really uplifting to be part of something so huge and for such a worthy cause.

Also at the end of June, I was lucky enough to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre, which I am hoping to write another post about - with my lovely friend Jarrod from university, and we had the BEST time! Considering I had booked the tickets a year prior, my excitement levels were through the roof, and I guess it shows how much I loved it because I've booked to go again next year!


July was a tough month where I unexpectedly found myself living alone and crying, but alas I do not want to share further on this scenario. July was also a month that my lovely mum came to stay with me for a few days - so we had exceptionally yummy dinners, and a lovely day trip to Chelsea where we ate cake and hung out!


The end of this month also marked a 'new me' period, and I got myself a fringe! I was really nervous to get the chop but with some courage from my mumma, and a hairdresser who was pretty sceptical, I did it!


During August, my parents came to visit, and we enjoyed a trip to the Tower of London, see I may live in London but I am still a geeky tourist at heart. We also had a great Indian takeaway from Deliveroo where I had the best peshwari naan I have ever eaten.


August was also the month that two of my best friends visited me in London! I had fun at Southbank Centre and Camden with one Emily, and a weekend of fun including the Tate Modern and Borough Market with another Emily. It involved a lot of yummy foods including some incredible mini pancakes covered in chocolate and mini smarties, and also a cookie larger than my face... AMAZING!



I was also lucky enough to see School of Rock the Musical with my mum, but again I'll post about that another time!

I think September passed in a bit of a blur to be honest, and nothing really jumps out at me as that exciting, though I did have a trip to Covent Garden with my bestie Jarrod, and won £50 to spend in Skinny Dip!

And that brings us to October! I have a weekend home planned to celebrate my mum's birthday and a solo theatre trip planned to see The Lovely Bones in Kingston, and hopefully I will be updating this blog more, fingers crossed eh?

Kisses Chlo x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments