New York Photo Diary Day 3 -5

By Chloe - 09:10



This is another instalment of my trip to New York, to catch up on days 1-2, read my other 
post here but without further ado let's jump right back into my NYC trip!

 DAY 3 


We started our morning off with breakfast at Juniors, a diner in Times Square before making the oh-so-worth-it trek to Levain Bakery. If like me, you're the kind to trawl social media before a trip then you've probably seen people raving about this bakery and for good reason. I opted for some fresh brioche as a second breakfast (no judgement please) and we also picked up one each of their epic cookies - chocolate chip walnut and double chocolate peanut - to enjoy later that day. From here we made our way past the American Museum of Natural History, as in the one from Night at the Museum.



From here we tackled Central Park - I use tackle lightly, as it spans 843 acres and hosts a variety of attractions like a reservoir, numerous fountains and an ice rink. We ventured to a couple of the well-known spots including the Strawberry Fields “imagine” sign, and Bethesda Fountain - site of Chuck and Blair’s wedding in Gossip Girl) before we headed to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York so I could recreate the infamous “spotted on the steps of the met” from the show. Also, yes, I was that extra and shed the layers I was wearing for the sake of an Instagram, which I then laughed at myself for in the caption.


We continue our walk around Central Park, stopping at beauty spots for pictures before coming out of the exit near the iconic Plaza Hotel from Home Alone 2 and from here we did plenty of shopping.

We racked up over 35k steps across the day, before ending up back at Central Park and visiting a nearby Thai place for dinner.

 DAY 4 

Day 4 was the most emotional of the lot as we headed on the subway to visit the site of the Twin Towers, and to visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum.



We started our day with a breakfast basket in Le Pain Quotidien which is located within walking distance to the site. Top tip from me would be to purchase your 9/11 Memorial Museum tickets from the self-service card machines at the rear of the building, rather than queuing in the long kiosk line at the front - this shaves hours off your waiting time, and also means you're likely to get in on an earlier allotted time. We killed some time before our slot came up in the Oculus - the World Trade Centre Mall located just in the same square, and we looked at all the surrounding street art.




Following this, we walked the Brooklyn Bridge saw the Manhattan Bridge and explored the area of DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass). After some Mexican food, we went to see the now very festive and lit up Rockefeller Christmas Tree for a Home Alone 2 moment (are you sensing a theme here...). Whilst I'm not personally a fan of ice skating - I don't want to risk breaking a leg, because I am that clumsy - the atmosphere surrounding the rink with the lit-up tree, and the Christmassy Saks display nearby, this area feels positively FESTIVE. 


 DAY 5 

We spent our final day in New York visiting the huge Christmas tree at the Lotte New York Palace hotel (from Gossip Girl) and had brunch at the infamous Ellen’s Stardust Diner which was highly recommended! Aspiring Broadway performers and musicians take to the stage, and walkways surrounding your table to entertain you whilst you eat. We opted for the Belgian Waffles and French Toast with berry compote to share, and trust me - so good! Full disclaimer here, you will have to queue up if you'd like to eat here - the queue is constant no matter the time of day, but breakfast is easier to get in for.

We did some final shopping in Times Square and I tried the infamous cereal milk ice cream from Milk Bar before our flight home - it really does taste like the milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl. I tried mine from a pop-up food truck they had near the Rockefeller, but there are a few stores dotted around New York. 




All in all, it was a fabulous end to a wonderful Christmas trip with my mum and best friend, and I've already been adding more pictures and ideas to my list for if I get to visit New York again.

Let me know if you have any tips or things you'd like to see in New York, maybe you have a trip planned and were looking for ideas?

Kisses,

Chlo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments