Late December Favourites

By Chloe - 18:39

Pictured - Stila 'In The Garden' Palette, Mac Plumful Lipstick, Essie 'Rock of the Top' Polish and Barry M 'Ruby Slippers' Polish


Stila 'In the Garden' eye shadow palette and Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera


Time has completely flown by and suddenly it's January already. A new year  means a fresh clean slate with lots of opportunities to take advantage of over the course of 12 months. This year one of my resolutions is so start back up my blog as it's great for writing experience (being a journalism student and all) so here goes nothing! Let's hope I can stick to blogging this time around. 

December was a busy month - complete with deadlines for university, birthday celebrations for both flatmates and friends back home and of course Christmas celebrations and Boxing Day sales shopping (an added perk of the festive period and the perfect opportunity for a shopaholic like me to splash Christmas cash). In the whirlwind of festive commotion and travelling back to Southampton for University, I'm posting this later than I expected, but as they say 'better late than never' right? So without further ado, here's my December Favourites

First up is Stila’s ‘In the Garden’ eye shadow palette, which I managed to pick up for only ten pounds in TK Maxx, happy Chloe and happy bank balance! Consisting of 12 shadows, and a ‘smudge stick’ waterproof eye liner in Starfish, the palette is one of the best things I’ve purchased, and at a bargain price nonetheless. The shade range is perfect for the dull weather – and has been my go-to palette for the month. My favourite shades are honey (a golden shimmer shade) and moss (a dark khaki colour with slight shimmer). The eyeliner included is not to be overlooked by the array of shades. In a grey-green tone it makes a nice contrast to my usual black eyeliner and works well with all the shades included and the small point makes it easy to apply, a real winner in my eyes.

My favourite lipstick this month has been MAC’S ‘Plumful’ and is one of the Lustre finishes in MAC’S permanent collection.  It’s an almost universally flattering shade of sheer plum with a slight pink undertone. I think the opaque texture of the lipstick makes it an easy choice for a neutral look for university, but it is also a buildable colour for more dressy occasions and the bonus factor is that it only needs to be re-applied every three to four hours, and doesn’t bleed like most of the matte shades of lipsticks would tend to do.  

My next two products are both glittery nail polishes. I know glitter polish can be a pest to remove, but this past month – particular on the run up to Christmas – I’ve just been wanting something that made my nails look as festive as I felt (I can't count the number of times I was belting out Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas in my university room with absolute no shame). This month’s favourites have been Essie’s Rock of the Top Polish and Barry M’s Ruby Slippers. I find that either of these shades with an added clear top coat is a simple and easy nail style to wear (and one that takes hardly any time at all which meant I was able to apply it before running out the door to a university lecture).

My final favourite for the month is a non-beauty favourite – and it’s that of Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera. This cute little pink Polaroid camera I received as a birthday gift last year and I love the concept of these cameras as myself and many others often have photographs stored on our phones and we never print them off, whereas these are printed instantaneously. The reason I’ve loved this camera, particularly this month, is because I’ve been able to snap some pictures of fun moments with my flatmates and new friends I’ve met at university– I’ve pictured some from a 1920’s themed birthday party celebration, and also took loads over the Christmas period when I headed back to Wales. 

Hopefully I'll stick to this blogging malarky since it's something I've wanted to start back up after a while. I've deleted lots of my old 'cringe-worthy' posts in order for my 'New Year-New Me' blog style!

What products are in your December favourites? Have you tried any of these products or have any recommendations for me? Be sure to leave them in the comments below!

If you're not already - follow me on bloglovin here  to keep up to date with all my posts

- Chloe 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments