My Experience Interning at Fabulous Magazine - Week Three

By Chloe - 15:32

Monday morning was my first experience of a celebrity shoot - with the gorgeous Caroline Flack, how bloody cool!! Myself and Mary made our way to Wapping, specifically an area called Tobacco Dock which included a deserted ground with cool graffiti (in which Caroline posed with an old car) and the rooftop of a car park which gave amazing views of the London skyline.

Myself and Mary were responsible for unpacking the clothes, steaming them, making teas and coffee (intern life!!), buying snacks for Caroline at Waitrose, finding lost suitcases (trust me it's as weird as it sounds there were 4 suitcases left abandoned on the rooftop and we had to walk up 14 floors to get it), packing up clothes, and of course detailing everything worn for the credits!






Tuesday started with credit writing - I basically contacted all the relevant PRs and scoured the websites to see if the pieces were up, including the dreamiest Louis Vuitton boots and Zara Shearling jacket.





Then I returned back to the fashion cupboard to process returns and special deliveries (as well as look through 2 full cages worth of bagged returns - there must be at least 200 bags - for a singular shoe someone had called back) and then met the 2 new interns - Sophie and Sarah.

Wednesday and Thursday were much the same of special deliveries, returns and unpacking all the new items that arrived this week. I got to see Daisy (the fashion assistant ) plan out a handbag guide she's doing and I've never seen so many cute (and sometimes tiny or quirky or fluffy) bags in my life - I want to own hundreds of handbags!

I was also asked by the fashion director if I wanted to apply for the new fashion assistant job there (despite my lack of experience) because I'd made such a good impression *somebody pinch me* this was such a flattering thing to be asked (even more so to know that my hard work was acknowledged and appreciated) and I was so disappointed I had to decline because of committing to third year of university, but alas I hope there's an opportunity like this in the future for me!

I also got the dreamy job of collecting a food delivery that had arrived for a member of the fashion desk and it came in the form of a pale green Doughnut Time box crammed full of treats






It's safe to say delivering treats like this makes everyone become your best pal!

The final day this week was spent much the same and I helped daisy accumulate the prices and brands for the handbags she'd selected for her guide, along with Sophie. Also daisy had been sent some sweaty Betty leggings to share amongst the fashion staff and she kindly offered me a pair - which I was so thrilled about as I know how popular the brand is and wanted to try them out however the £80 price tag isn't exactly student budget friendly!


It seems surreal that I'm going to be on my last week - I'm not ready to say goodbye!

The other parts of this series can be found here - week one, week two and week four.

Kisses, Chlo x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments