My Experience Interning at Fabulous Magazine - Week Four

By Chloe - 15:30

It feels surreal that as I write this I'm entering my last week at fabulous yet when this gets published on my blog I will have long finished - I'm not ready to leave!!

Monday was spent doing the usual returns + special deliveries, and unpacking from shoots! Also a new intern arrived called Nhi who's going to be there a month so myself and Sophie have been doing our best to settle her in.

Tuesday was another shoot day - at Motel Studios (I actually navigated the overground today and am pretty pleased with myself), and it's with Tess Daly and included lots of tailored monochrome pieces and some amazing Kurt Geiger heels




Tuesday also marks the day I saw the cover of the magazine from the shoot I did with Caroline Flack (and a selection of her pics from Instagram which I've included below!)




Wednesday involved a lot of returns, and also unpacking some new in items (including some dreamy shoes from ASOS) and amazing faux fur coats from Zara. Today I also got tasked with writing the credits for the 'Lust List' feature for the October 3 issue on behalf of Nana, the shopping editor and celebrity stylist. I also packed up some suitcases for Tracey, the fashion directors shoot, which had a Victorian 70s vibe with lots of florals, velvets and layering.

Thursday involved further returns and searching for items, as well as getting to see a physical copy of the Caroline Flack issue! Unfortunately myself and Mary weren't credited for our work on the shoot; however my name features for the staff pages shoot I went on and did the credits for, eeek!






We also got to see the most incredible sticky toffee cake that had come in for Nana (the shopping editor) and also got given some Hotel Chocolat treats that had already been shot (thank you PRs for sending food, yours sincerely a fashion intern)


My final day at Fabulous seem to go so so quickly - in a midst of unpacking New in pieces for the fashion editor (and then getting to write some credits for some amazing velvet, sequin, tartan and leopard pieces - including the most amaze teal velvet backless jumpsuit I need in my life) and also writing up credits for a shoot that occurred yesterday (I have successfully overcome my fear of phone calls which I guess happens after you call PRs chasing their lack of response to your email, but probably more to do with the fact that every press assistant or manager I spoke to was so so LOVELY that it was like chatting to a pal!). Myself and sophie felt a bit emotional as we were leaving - especially me after I received the NICEST email from Lynne following my completion of the credits for the sequin / velvet etc (and may have shed a tear or two!) and even more so after we gave our hugs goodbye to her and Daisy, and then that was it!

I'd officially survived and LOVED my month of commuting and interning in London at a fashion magazine.


The other parts of this series can be found here - week oneweek two and week three.

Kisses, Chlo x 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments