Terry's Chocolate Orange Cookies Recipe

By Chloe - 16:21




On Sunday, I made myself some chocolate orange cookies to accompany a viewing of Hamilton on Disney+. I posted about my bake on my Instagram story, and on Twitter, and so many people asked for a recipe so considering I adapted a couple I'd seen online to make these little bits of deliciousness, I thought I'd post it here on my blog!

I utilised Tanya Burr's cookie recipe and basically swapped in my favourite bits to make a delicious (not just for Christmas) chocolate orange treat. The recipe can make around 10 cookies (depending on how large you make them) and you can also freeze it for future cookie emergencies!

So without further ado...


INGREDIENTS

200g Unsalted Butter (at room temp)
300g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
275g Self-Raising Flour
75g Cocoa Powder
A dash of milk (optional)
1 Terry's Chocolate Orange


THE METHOD

  1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F or gas mark 6). Then line two large baking trays with grease-proof paper
  2. Using a wooden spoon, cream together your butter and sugar. This is so much easier to do if the butter is at room temperature and means you don't have to work those muscles quite as hard!
  3. Once your butter and sugar have combined together, add in the egg and mix well
  4. Add the flour to the mixture (in stages) until it's combined
  5. Add in your cocoa powder, and continue to mix. If the mixture is looking a little dry at this stage, add in a splash of milk. I've personally not had to do this but if your mixture is struggling to hold together to form a dough, this will help 
  6. Now it's time to add the chocolate and eat some before it goes in the mix. I personally break the chocolate orange segments into two and use my hands to distribute it throughout the mixture. Keep aside 5 segments which can be halved to top your 10 cookies 
  7. Now it's time to separate your mixture into evenly sized balls- you can use an ice cream scoop to keep them more consistent in size, or judge it by eye. They should roughly be about the size of your palm
  8. Add your dough to your baking tray - they will spread so keep them evenly spaced and not too near one another or the edge of the tray. At this point, break up your remaining chocolate orange segments and add a piece to each mixture (like I've done in the picture below)
  9. Bake in the oven - on the middle shelf - for 11 minutes. They will not look cooked when you remove them, but trust me they will be the perfect gooey consistency so as tempting as it is, do not leave them in for longer than necessary.
  10. Leave for approx 40 minutes before moving them otherwise they will fall apart, and then tuck in!



The cookies are best stored in an air-tight container and will last approx 4-5 days (if they're around for that long!) whilst they're still gooey and chewy. 

Let me know if you decided to make these, and be sure to send me a picture over on Instagram or Twitter!

Kisses, 
Chlo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments